Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thing #10

I discovered the Google Reader site when I searched and followed the educational blogs in the first few things for this project. Although I had already discovered this site I had not really learned how to really use and take advantage of its many uses. I really like that fact that I will now be able to access so many posts and updates all in one place. It is a great idea to help those people who want and need quick and easy updates to news. I think that having a reader for the classroom or just to follow educational blogs would be great to have as a resource. Being able to access many sites that could provide insights or ideas all at the same time would be great for teachers because we all know how limited of time teachers have between teaching the students and all the other work there is to do to prepare for the students. As far as a personal life it would be nice to have a place to access sites that of a personal interest to you and even news sites. For my own Google Reader I have both various educational blogs and sites and also some sites such as craft sites that I am interested in subscribed to and learning new things from. I am excited to have this easy access and continue to learn and expand the many sites I subscribe to.

In school this would be a great place to have students all keep a page that they each want to follow and be able for both them to be able to access easily and be able to share with classmates. If there is one site for each of the students to access it would make it easy for the teacher to follow along and observe what the students enjoy. Having posts all in one location will both make it easier to explain to students how to access the pages, but it will also make it easier for them to follow along and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment